Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access LANPAK.BIN in the SITE directory. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinsf

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2003
MY
Hi,

I'm running Pervasive SQL 2000i(SP4) Server Engine in Novell 6.0 Server.
I installed the System Manager 5.1A (included the Single Currency Sample Data), GL 5.1A, and AP 5.1A into a WinXP Home Edition workstation; and installed the Service Packs for each mudules respectively.
My Program folder for ACCPAC is in C:\PLUSWIN and the Data folder is in I:\PLUSWIN (Server folder).
I installed the 10 users LANPAK for Pervasive SQL 2000.
Both products have valid Activation Codes registered.
Lastly, I installed the Pervasive SQL 2000 Client Engine (SP3) from F:\PVSW\Client\Win (Server folder). The Transactional Engine & Relational Engine tests all passed through.
I launch the ACCPAC program, login User as Admin and Password as Admin too. When I click on OK button, the error messages appear :

Cannot access LANPAK.BIN in the SITE directory.

Make sure that the ShareDdata entry in the Windows Registry specified the drive and directory containing the SITE, USER and COMPANY subdirectories and that you have read/write/create access.

I've checked through the Registry entry : the SharedData value is "I:\Pluswin"; The I:\Pluswin folder has all the SITE, USER and COMPANY folders installed (the LANPAK.BIN file sitting in the SITE folder is 0 byte).
I'm using ADMIN to login the Novell Server will full Read/Write/Create access rights.

I cant figure out what's gone wrong.

Any suggests would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Benny

Thanks Gordon, it solves the problem!

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back