Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access FTP on IIS 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

petaluma007

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
US
I'm having the problem on accessing to my FTPserver, not with the anonymous login. I'm running windows XP Pro with IIS 5.0, the webserver running fine, but the FTPserver is not. When I accessed thru ftp://*ip address* and it asked for a password, even I've typed in the correct password I can't get in. A windows popped up saying something about "Access permission". I've shared ftproot directory with "Read" and "Dir browsing" permissions. Can somebody help??

The way that I get it to work is to turn off anonymous access and then assign permissions to the shared folder. Only people that I have specified for permissions to that shared folder can log in. Norman Moy
I hope I helped. :)

check that you have not set max connections to 1 for any reason as it gives that message..

Also try connecting with the port number the default FTP is 21. If this has been changed you will need to connect with ftp://server_name:portnumber through ie or ftp server_name port in cmd.

Hope this helps
Mac [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back