Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CANNOT acces Oracle server thru IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat55

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
US
Hi everyone! I'm having some trouble accessing my schools Oracle server thru IIS. I have installed Oracle 9i Client on my PC. I have no problems connecting to the server using SQLPLUS and thru my VB and VB.NET applications. But when I'm trying to test (locally) my ASP or ASP.NET code that has to access the Oracle server I get the following error message:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005)
Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

My connections strings work, because if I upload my code to the school's server and run it from there, it works perfectly fine. But having to upload in order to test each time I make a change in the code is very time consuming and ANNOYING! So this error only happens when running my code locally.

I have Win XP Pro and IIS 5.1

My ASP code works fine locally if it is trying to access local databases (i.e. sql server or ms access).

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can fix this problem??

Thanks

Natalie

Did u install the latest ODBC for the db server? and then create the ODBC on the webserver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back