Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CanGrow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

elibb

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
MX
hi... im making a report, but the field on my database can be too small or too long... so im putting the Cangrow property ot the textbox in true. my problem is that it is going through all the labels and textboxes i have under it..
does anybody know how to control that?

thank you very much.

Eli

Just a guess, but try making the details section "can grow" so that you don't have this effect. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

You need to put any field or header located below the 'Can Grow' field in a separate detail section. To do thisright click in the details section and select 'Insert section below' from the sub menu. Move all fields & headers located below the 'Can Grow' field into this section. shrink the first section to fit.

This means that all fields in the first section, no matter how large, must populate before the next section is shown on the report. This will prevent fields from overwriting each other.

Hope this helps.

Bill :)

Thank you very much Bill.. it worked perfectly

Eli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back