Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canceling a print job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck9115

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
I was trying to print a large pdf document to my HP printer. I had to stop as I ran out of ink in my cartridge. Now, I'm trying to cancel the job in the print queue and I am not able to. I have gone to control panel, printers and faxes and I find the job okay, but when I hit cancel, or clear. Nadda. Other print jobs that I send to the printer wont print, but I can cancel them.

Some one help me please
Frustrated in Frederick

Turn off the computer to "kill" print manager. Unplug the power the the printer to "kill" the internal cache.

micker377

Thanks man. Guess I should have known that. I worked. I had already turned off the printer to kill the memory in the printer queue. Had forgotten to do it to the computer....Brain fart here. Just think, I'm A+ certified too...Doh! Anyways, thanks for the reply

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back