Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancel System reboot when free

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwadswor

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
US
Is there any way to cancel a system reboot when free after you have set this?

I know I can just leave a phone off the hook to keep the system busy, but I want to cancel this request.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jon

Just resave as merge config, wouldnt that prevent the reboot.

Tried that, actually it didn't work....

Any other ideas?

In my opinion you walk on dangerous ground when doing a when free then sending another change before the system has made the first change. IMO you risk corrupting the system.

I am with CarGoSki on this... I hate save when free alterations as you either have to sit there and wait for it to occur to be sure it acutally happens or establish a constant ping to log file to know when it happens (especially when coming in remotely) added to this, the mere thought of putting a sequence of events in play that cannot be stopped once started kinda scares me when it involves a phone system at a customers premises (the lifeblood of any companies communications)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back