Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cancel program without terminating exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdavis

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a way to cancel a program running in an exe without terminating the whole application?

In general no, however you could set up the program to terminate sections of itself with the appropriate On Escape, OKL, KeyPreview or Error Handling routines. What exactly seems to be your problem - it's always easier to solve a particular situation, rather than a general one. Have you got so code that's not working right?

Rick

Thanks.

Just wondering. I have several spots in my program where I give an error message and just cancel the program. I have just recently switched to using an exe and have run into this issue. Probably shouldn't be an issue for most of my users, just for me.

Obviously a lot depends on the type of error that happens as to what you can do. You might want to read Doug Hennig's "classic" paper - 'Error Handling in Visual FoxPro (370K)' at While it doesn't reference the newer TRY.. CATCH .. techniques of VFP 8.0, I can gaurantee it'll take a few readings to get your head around the technique, but it's worth it!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back