Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you tie Sales Orders to AR? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtwig

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2002
US
I'm trying to tie/link the SO1/SO2 tables to something that has a valid Invoice Date. We're trying to compare whether vendors are matching their promised dates with the packing list date. In our case, it's the ship date v. invoice date. Any thoughts on a reliable link between two tables?
Thanks,
Mike

What about using arn? It has an invoice date. Is this what you are looking for?

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

You could link SO1 to ARN via customer number.

Thnks in advance to all users out there who continually answer all of our questions. Although I try to answer some questions, I usually am asking.

I don't believe SO1 and SO2 should be driving the bus. They are Sales Order Data Entry tables and until the item is invoiced there is no possible way SO1 or SO2 will hold a shred of information about an invoice number.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

Since they are looking for an invoice date, wouldn't it be safe to assume that it has been invoiced?

My lack of accounting background has failed me again. It does make sense that if we are trying to compare the date on the packing list with the date promised, we need to wait until we have an invoice.

I haven't been able to generate the report yet, but it does make sense to tie the ARN to the SO1/SO2, as you both have mentioned.

I'm surprised no one else has inquired about a report that tracks a suppliers promised date of materials versus the date they are actually received.

Thanks for all your help!
Mike

If you are looking to track SUPPLIER information then you need to be in Purchase Order as well.

The Sales Order only holds information on what you sell to your customers.

The Purchase Order holds the information on what you've bought.

Regards,

Wayne Schulz
Schulz Consulting, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back