Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you split a window in Excel like in Lotus 123? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

syl93

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I am converting Lotus 123 spreadsheets to Excel. In the Lotus 123 spreadsheet there is a macro that splits the window and lets you view two different worksheets at the same time. Is there anything like that in Excel? So far I have only found the normal window split that lets you view 2 different parts of the same worksheet, but I can't find anything that lets you view two different worksheets.
Any help would be appreciated.

To see two files at once, you can use the Restore Window button (located between Minimize and Maximize)on each file then move the files and adjust the sizes so you can see each. One on the left, the other on the right. You can also toggle between the two usint Alt-6. Hope it helps.

I do the same. BTW it's alt-F6 (though I like Control-Tab for that). Alt-tab is also a way to go for certain versions of office products, if you have opted for separate instance windows. But no, I don't know how you can have two files in one window either.

Thanks for the responses, but I need a way to view 2 different worksheets from the same file, not 2 different files. So I guess what I'm hearing is that there isn't a way to do that in Excel?

Another option....

From the menu, use Window - New Window.

Then, to go from one worksheet to another, hold down <Control> and hit <Tab>.

The <Control> <Tab> of course can also be used to go from one Workbook to another.

I hope this also can be useful. :)

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Sorry I meant F6. I don't know of anyway to see to sheets of the same file. Maybe you could create a copy of one sheet to a new file and use the method mentioned before.

Thanks!

I think I can make the Window - New Window option work for what I need.

As a side note to Dale's suggestion - You can also have them both on the screen at the same time.

After you get the New Window open, go to Window/Arrange -
Make your choice, but make sure you put the checkmark in the box for &quot;windows of active workbook&quot;.

AngO

Dale is right - that's the way. I think both scott and I misunderstood you to mean 2 worksheet files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back