Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you sort by color in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaPach

MIS
Mar 17, 2004
US
Hello!
I have a question (not sure if even possible). I have a spreadsheet that I am seperating the types of data by colors. For example: Duplicate records are pink, records that do not need modification in peach, and updated records in yellow. Is there any way to sort the data by color. This would make my job a lot easier. I appreciate any ones help.

Thank you very much
Dana

In a word, No.
Sorry, it can't be done.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

If you are familiar with VBA, you could write a procedure to check the color (assuming that you know the posible colors) and assign a number to an adjacent cell based on the color. Then, apply the sort on the column containg the numbers...HTH

That is a good idea - didn't even think about that. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back