Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you search for change bars in Adobe Acrobat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

George34

Technical User
Mar 13, 2008
CA
I have added multiple changebars in my FrameMaker document. Then I saved as PDF. Is there a way to search for changebars using Adobe Acrobat?

What is a changebar? Is it a visible character/setting?

When using FrameMaker, I can enable changebars to any new text I add into a document. A changebar is a vertical line to the right of the modified line of text that can be set to any colour. The changebar can be seen after converting the FrameMaker file to PDF. I'd like to know if there is a way to search for this using the Adobe Search feature.

Cheers,
George34

Unfortunately I don't believe so.
This appears as a graphical line in the interface and not a searchable character.

I tested using word's track changes feature as opposed to FrameMaker - but feel they will be probably be treated the same.

To test - I searched for the bar symbol | on the keyboard and found no instances. Then I used the touch up object tool on the advanced editing toolbar to select one of the vertical lines, indicating it is graphical...

Sorry.
Samaba

Thanks for looking into it anyway. :)

Cheers,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back