Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you run Terminal Services Manager on a Pro workstation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fooschamp

MIS
Nov 25, 2002
US
Is there a way you can connect to a Windows 2000 Professional workstation through Terminal Services Client?

Don't believe so, Terminal Server is only provided as part of 2000 Server not Professional.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

you can install Terminal service on win2K profesional and you can connect from win2k prof to any server on your network

Knowledge is a key of success.

I'm aware that you can install the client on Professional, I was just wondering if you can connect from a Professional box to another Professional box. All documentation I've read states that you cannot but I could have sworn that a co-worker of mine used to do it but I'm starting to think that she must have been using PC Anywhere or something like that.

You can also download vnc from I installed
Terminal Services Manager on my Pro workstation and its working good. i can logon any server on my network and i can see and use all desktop of that server. But i am not shure about workstation to workstaion it works or not. But with VNC you can do same job even from your workstation to any computer in the world (if that computer also running VNC Srver and you know IP and password)

Knowledge is a key of success.

yes you can telnet between 2000 pro workstations. both sides need to have the telnet service started (default manual, off)

Nick
Computer Support, no not just hardware.. I support everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back