Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you run ITO/OVO on HPUX version 11i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidcrash

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I am trying to get verification that HPUX 11i is supported for IT/Operations (OVO) as either the Management Server or as a Managed Node?

Anyone know for sure? I can't find anything on the HP websites to verify this.

thanks for your help.

Kidcrash

Version of OVO that I've just installed (on 11.00) was marked as being for 11.00 and 11.11, so I guess so yes; haven't done it yet though.

You have any reason to suspect it won't work on 11i? Mike

"Experience is the comb that Nature gives us, after we are bald."

Is that a haiku?
I never could get the hang
of writing those things.

Hi Mike,

thanks for the quick response. I had this question from a user because he heard that OVO/ITO has problems with 11i, so I wanted to find out for myself. I would think it support it at least as a Managed Node. Also, is there any Oracle version limitations with running 11i?

thanks,
kidcrash

I can't find any reference to HPUX 11i in the documentation for either Oracle 8i or 9i.... That's not to say it isn't there - but I couldn't see it with quick look around on
It will probably work on 11i - probably. Shouldn't take you long to find out, given the s/w and enough space to try it out. Mike

"Experience is the comb that Nature gives us, after we are bald."

Is that a haiku?
I never could get the hang
of writing those things.

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back