Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you restore Netware backup tapes to Win2k? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawny

Technical User
Apr 26, 2001
IE
Hi there, I'm new to the discussion boards. I'm a network support new guy and i've been asked to find if we can restore the old netware backup tapes to Win2k. Any ideas? Do we need third party software?

If it can be done I would think you would definatly need 3rd party software. Microsoft "services for netware" may have a tool included. It will migrate NDS users etc. to Active directory although we had to download a patch. I am not sure about restore from netware backup but would investigate throughly before doing so.

Yes, but it depends on the Backup software being used. Veritas BackupExec for example works fine in either direction. I believe that CA ArcServe has the same functionality, but I haven't used it in a long time so I'm not sure. I also know that BackupExec will resore an ArcServe tape, so this could be a possibility too. It is all just going to depend on what software you are using.

-Mike
Michael A. Dontato MCNE, MCSE, CCA
mdonato@site-technologies.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back