Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you recover deleted messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsworthcl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2005
GB
I was told it was possible to recover items empted from the Deleted items folder in Outlook 2003 \Exchange 2003. Is this possible, if so how? Need to recover deleted items from specific user. Thanks

I believe you need to enable it in exchange first. I don't think it is done by default like in 5.5.

You can try to select deleted items in outlook then I think you go to tools or something and select recover deleted items????

Just go to your inbox in Outlook, then select the "tools" menu and "Recover Deleted Items". You should have 30 days of email retention in Exchange 2003 by default. So, as long as the emails were not emptioed from the deleted items folder more than 30 days ago, you should be OK.

Just FYI. On some users I have to delete an email then remove the same item from deleted items before any of the deleted items show up. Not sure if this just happens to me but thought it might help too.

Aaron

Cheers guys managed to recover 30 days of deleted emails as suggested by SMBgeek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back