Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you programatically switch users in a BCM 3.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet2469

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
I tried swapping the target lines. At first this seemed to work and then it is like it reverts back.
Do I need to have someone go just physically swap at the ports? (I am at a remote location)

You do whats called "Change DN"

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for the tip curlycord!
I only have a gui interface, which oddly is less easy than hyper term
I don't see a "change DN" in here the main part but I do see it in the wizards
Once upon a time I thought I saw a hyper-term to this thing.

I just gave it s shot and will let you know how it goes.

well, the DN does swap the names but the numbers still ring the wrong physical location.
I do have a 2nd set of hands out there tomorrow to help me

it is actually a 3.7 for what it is worth
Trying a different login to see if the ports field will not be grayed out - if I could just change the port number I think that would cut it. The patch down panel pics they sent are not user friendly or well-labelled.

The Change DN and the wizard seem to do the same thing - thanks for the tip though, it is neat to see how the configuration is available on certain of the "nodes" as you climb through the trees. Thee wiring guy is there now and tells me "it is easier to switch the wires" which seems dumb.

It really makes no logical sense to me - as it stands now the DNs ring at the opposite offices, seems like a swap of the DN or the target line should work. Anyway I will be interested to see if it is the port, the target line, or the "cable" or jack that is labelled in the patch panel or punch block or whatever they have there, they are supposed to send some better pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back