Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you password IE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvannoy

MIS
May 4, 2001
US
is it possible to password IE? I have a system that I will put in a production environment and management does not want anyone to access the internet. But I would still need to get windows updates etc.. I know I can disable IE from the policy. but was wondering if a password can be set to run IE.

Any help would be appreciated

ConnTroll is the program that lets you take control over the Internet usage in the household or in the company! The program can be used in at least two ways:

Limit access to the Internet so that only users with correct permissions are allowed to connect.

Keep statistics on the Internet usage – find out how much time individual users spend surfing the Net.

ConnTroll:
Happy to help,

Aristarchus

If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience!
-George Bernard Shaw (1856–1950)

I know there are LOTS of programs that track usage. I am not interested in that. I need to stop usage 100% except for windows updates. The system will auto sign-in as Administrator. this is a prodcution PC to do certain functions not for users to share files or even print. I just need to passwortd protect IE if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back