Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can you pass multi value parameter to subreport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhalen

Programmer
Oct 31, 2000
CA
Hi there. I have a main report with an unlinked subreport. I have a string prompt on the main simply to get the prompted description to pass to the subreport. The user can add multiple values to this prompt. My problem is that it doesn't seem to be passing all parameters entered to the subreport but seems to be passing just the first one. I am using version 7. I can certainly get the multi values to display inside a formula on the main report but I can't seem to pass them.

Please help. Thanks.

You are awesome thank you! I had searched on that site as well but perhaps my search criteria didn't return just the right hit. Much appreciated!

It says you can only formulate as many in the array that you think might be entered. What if you don't know how many the user will enter, i.e. they may want to enter 1 or as many as 5 or any number.

any thoughts?

It allows for however many they enter, providing you've coded for at least how many they've entered, you don't need to know how many each time.

Try it and then post back if there's a problem.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back