Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you pass a NT Login name into a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaHawk

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
US
Is there a way I can pass a NT login name into a report. I want the report to run for each specific user so they wont have to enter their loging name into a parameter (this would allow each person to view other people's data) Any ideas would be helpfull

Dear FloridaHawk,

What database? If this is SQL Server and you require them to login to run the report you could use a SQL Expression:

{fn USER()}

This returns the name the user logged into the database with.

ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Thanks Rosemaryl but unfortunately they connect via citrux and then the report is ran. The dabase user is a universal login. Thanks though!! Will keep plugging away.

I don't know of any way to do this just with Crystal but have a look at a listing of 3rd-party tools at:

My DataLink Viewer:
allows you to automatically assign the NT login name to a parameter (the user never gets prompted for it).
This allows you to filter the data based on who's running the report.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back