Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you mute the ringer on T7100 or T7316E phones? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsonLP

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
US
Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to mute the ringer on the T7100 or T7316E phones. I am hoping it is possible for the message indicator light to blink or pulse when a call is coming in.

Thankyou,
GibsonLP

Feature 85 aka DND. All it does is turn off the ringer. It will still flash.
Feature #85 to cancel DND

Stuff a marshmallow into the speaker grill. Spray with shelac.

Voila

PhM

VVV

The marshmallow worked perfectly. The shellac however made the buttons a little useless.

Ah. Appreciate your perceptive observations on this. I will, in future, perhaps recommend a liquid fixative. Perhaps Glenlivet 15 year?

PhM

VVV

A few years ago I was working for a company that had a moderate sized call center. One day they decided that they needed a loud bell to alert all of the agents when there were calls in the queue longer than 30 seconds. Seemed like a simple request but actually required many hours of programming and connecting the hardware. When all was done they had a nice external ringer that the tone and volume could be controlled. I called the managers over to check it out. The first time the thing fired we saw about a dozen gophers pop up from their cubiholes. The managers smiled.
The next day I decided to stop by the call center to see how things were working out. When I saw the ringer from a distance I could see that something pink was stuck to it. As I got closer I could see that it was a maxi-pad (unused). Apparently the ringer was too loud for the people in the immediate area.
The pad lasted and is probably there to this day. I don't think the same could be said of a marshmallow.

Well y'never know eh? Had a customer call up and complain that a paging horn wasn't performing properly. Found stuffed in a bucket with a pillow and wrapped in several towels.

PhM

VVV

DND will work unless you have v/m then it will send the call directly to v/m.

DND actc as nuklhead indicated, on my MICS 6.0 with NAM--it merely disables the ringer, the phone will still flash through fuor rings. To forward directly to VM, you need to use F984.

Thanks to you all for your posts, I will try the DND and see the results, as soon as I leave work, I will try the Glenlivet and see the results as well. Have a good weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back