Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you list existing PTY, Passwords in Switch Opt 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwtaylor

Programmer
Aug 30, 2007
US
Hey All.

Is a way to check for existing PTY logins already congfigured to reuse? If I have to setup a new PTY does it matter which port I I list Opt 11 ports (0 - 3).

When using RLogin is the CSPID the password? Using RLogin is new water to me so any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can print out the logins with passwords, but you must know the 2nd level to do that.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

and you can use any vacant port for a new tty.. cab 0 card 0, ports 0,1,2. same config with cab 1 etc... rlogin does not change passwords... are you trying to a phantom port? if so the card type is pty with any vacant device number... it's almost like adding a loopback address to a router if your from that background.. you build the tty as soft but the passwords and commands do not change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I don't know what PWD2 is yet. I'm hoping to find it listed in my files around here. Do I need PWD2 to set up a new login and password in LD17? If so I guess I'm stuck at this point until I get it.

Can anyone tell me how to actually login w/ Rlogin? I've been reading all the threads in here on it and I'm still confused on how it works.

You should get your Vendor to do this for you and show you how to do it.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

acewarlock: Get the vendor to do what? Show me how to RLogin or setup the PTY?

Both

I'm not sure what your trying to do and any answer I give would be a wild guess.

I already have PTY's setup. But their worthless to me without passwords, which I already know. Still working on that issue.

But I'm just looking for some clarification on the Rlogin. I've never used one before, so I'm assuming that after I get everything addressed. I will enter a user name at the connection prompt hit connect and when the terminal comes up enter in my password that I've set in ld 17.

Yes... No...Sort of?

Can't help with Rlogin, I only use Procomm.

There are several posts that cover the Rlogin, the search engine on this site is your friend

when using RLogin use CPSID (minimum required) as the username after connecting to the host - this will connect you to the switch where you can then login using the switch logins and passwords...

There are various posts which explain the CPSID options, basic switches to display console information, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back