Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you install IE 6 without Outlook Express?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse924

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
US
If so, how??

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

Those instructions are for XP users. We are running Win 2K. I'll try anyway...

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

I had no way of knowing what OS version you were running. I hope the instructions helped.

bcastner... you dissapoint me! Along with being the foremost Windows expert around here I was positive you were a mind reader as well! :)

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

A silly question : If you uninstall / delete OE, can you still send forms , e.g. TekTips replies, from IE ?

That depends on the form. If the form uses a "mailto:" call in the HTML form tag, then it will use whatever default email client you've set up. (Obviously, if OE is removed and not replaced with another email client, then this won't happen.) In all other cases, the form. tek-tips replies, etc. are sent via the browser and not the email client. On my personal machine, I have IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera as browsers but I DO NOT have OE or Outlook.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back