Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you hide Page names in CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asue2006

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
Just wondering if there is a facility in ColdFusion (Or indeed Dreamweaver itself) to hide the page name in the browser when you load the page?
thanks
AS

I think he wants the MOD-REWRITE function for the WEB SERVER,
if you are using the apache, it is easy,
If you are using IIS, then you need download a software to realize it.
there is a free one called iis rewrite...
just google it...

you can put seperate sections of the site in subfolders, and ignore the index.cfm part... then if you need multiple pages you can use url strings. domain.com/shop/?cat=3

whats the reason though? are you planning on changing languages in the future? or are you ashamed of the .cfm? :)

Kevin

Phase 1: Read the CFML Reference
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit!

HI
N
Thanks - No :), I'm not ashamed of the .cfm at all!! Its because I'm struggling with a log in system and so for quickness in the first instance i've just used a very simple login page which refers to another and then relocates to the admin form. I thought If I could hide the page name it would stop the user getting to it via a direct hit (although I know they can still use the history/favourites to get to it) until I can figure out how to do a real login page which would require a log in each time the page was opened - whichever way it is opened! So hopefully they won't realise its not very secure yet!!

No kidding!
Thanks for your replies anyway
AS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back