Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you have multiple select statement in 1 report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyndiG

Programmer
May 20, 2003
US
I was wondering if it is possible to select some data from a database and before it is printed to perform another select on the same data to eliminate some of the previous data. Then to check each record to make sure that a couple of the fields are not the same before printing them and if they are the same to print them in a different color minus one field.

I'm sure it's possible. What does your database table relationships look like?

For this:

"I was wondering if it is possible to select some data from a database and before it is printed to perform another select on the same data to eliminate some of the previous data"

Don't select it twice, filter the data in the original select. Use the Report->Edit Selection Formula->Record and add your criteria for eliminating data.

The rest sounds fairly easy, please provide sample data and an example of the expected output (report) for faster results here.

-k

You have several "Bites" at the data selection.

1) In a Stored Procedure or SQL Command (CR9) you can select specific records from the database.

2) In the Record selection Formula you can use the record formulas to further restrict your record set

3) In The Group Selection Formula you can filter the data again. This selection is done after the Summary Fields are calculated, but I've used RecordNumber and Group Totals to further filter the data

4) Finally, you can use conditional section formatting to supress sections if you still don't want some of the records/groups.

That enough for you?

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back