Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you find the CD key online in Office 2000? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshark

MIS
Jul 17, 2000
US
I am going to upgrade my laptop to Window NT and have been gathering all my software and making sure I have all the information I need to reload everything. Unfortunatly I can't find the CD Key for my office 2000 perfessional. I was told by someone that office 2000 stores the CD key online and that I should be able to find it. I search around but have not been able to locate it. Any help?

I think you can pull it out of the registry. I know you can get the Windows key out of:
HKEY_Local_Machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version.

I'm not going to spend ages reading through the registry, but try running regedit and expand the tree as follows:

HKEY_Local_Machine>Software>Microsoft>Office>

Then browse...

Good luck!

I got a mircrosoft Office cd from my uncle but he cant find the cd key. What should i do? Post a.s.a.p

You've posted this question yourself also, JLR. I've replied to your post. Try not to ask the question in two different threads, you'll confuse us! We're not as smart as we'd like to think!
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

all the 1's for office 95/97 11111-11111111-11111

rock steady microsoft If in doubt get the Ball Pein Hammer out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back