Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you find number of pages on PDF after scanning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellodude

Technical User
Jul 16, 2006
US
Hello,

Is there a way to find out how many pages a PDF is WITHOUT opening it?

I have found out that a bunch of scanned docs to PDF were scanned incorrectly and only the first page was scanned instead of the normal 3-5 pages. We are talking about a couple of hundred possibly have been scanned incorrectly, out of a total of 900. If I could find ALL of the PDF's that were only ONE page, then I could re-assign the task to the clerk and have those re-scanned.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Phil

I don't know of any way to do that. As far as I know, the only way would be to open each doc. to see the number of pages.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

mellodude - Maybe you can tell by the size of the document. If 1 page scanned gives you a file size of 30kb and 3-5 pages scanned gives you a file size of 90kb this might save you from opening all the documents.

...kim

there is an excel macro add-in called ARTS Pdf Toolkit that I have used in the past. this allows you to select the directory that contains the pdfs, and it will generate a spreadsheet with information about the pdfs including the number of pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back