Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you embed an html page within a flash movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanx

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
US
Hi everyone,

The question is simple. Can you embed a html page or load another site within a flash movie? The flash does not have to act like a browser or anything of the sort, it simply has to display a web page within.

I would appreciate any guidance and if this is not possible then any suggestions. For example, I know you can do it in Macromedia Director but how viable is that? Would the user have to download a different plug-in other than the flash one?

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Within the flash movie itself? I doubt it! You could allways capture the html page and import it as a jpg (or whatever) in Flash. It would sort of be only a graphic type of thing, and the links and sort wouldn't work, unless you cheated it by the use of invisible buttons to replicate the links. Obviously, since this would be a "still", you wouldn't see any animated feature on that html.

;-)ldnewbie

I knew it was a long shot, but I still wanted to ask to make sure. Unfortunately I need a live web page to be embedded in a sort of interactive application.

I will try Director and see what I can do with that.

Thank you.

I maybe be wrong but...

I think you can do it with the load movie command. However although Flash reads some HTML tags, I don't think it can cope with tables, so depends how complex the HTML page is.

Thanks Eden.

I'll give it a try with the load movie command.

I had a similar problem. In the end I used an inline frame. Two movies (containing the functionality) along two edges and then static graphics along the other edges. It was about 99% seamless. Live forever or die trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back