Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you create page headings in a subreport? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzshanno

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
GB
I have a problem with a long subreport. In order to get the column headings to appear above the first line of detail I have to put them in the Report header rather than the page header. But then they dont appear again at the top of each new page the subreport fills.

Any Ideas?

dz -

Try putting your column headers in the report header band.

I think this will cause them to display in the subreport.
Larry De Laruelle
larry1de@yahoo.com

Larry,

Sorry if I didnt make it clear. I HAVE put the column headers in the report header section of the subreport.

This does make them appear, but only once at the start of the subreport.

The subreport is very long and runs to several pages.

I would like the column headings to appear at the top of each page

At the moment I cant get that to happen

any thoughts?

dz --

Duh! My reading skills were hampered by a lack of caffiene.

Not sure how or if this can be done. If I have time today, I'll play with it and see if I can find a coding solution.

In the meantime, perhaps one of the awake folks have an idea.
Larry De Laruelle
larry1de@yahoo.com

Cosmo,

Thanks, thats exactly what I was after.

dzshanno:

There's another way to do this. It's done by doubling up the grouping in your subreport (if you have grouping that is). Say you have a report grouped by customer, go into sorting and grouping add ANOTHER grouping on customer and place it before the first grouping on customer. Place your "page header" in that group header, and set the section to repeat. Then you'll have what you're after, it's a little easier than the code route.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back