Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you create ad hoc reports from Forms 6i/Reports 6i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppBldr

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have a user who wants the ability to create new reports on the fly. We use Reports Builder 6i and Form Builder 6i. Can you start the report wizard from inside forms? Thanks!

Of course you may call Reports Builder by HOST command, but I suppose this is not what you really need. Regards, Dima

We would like to protect the users from the actual table and field names, but still allow them to select which columns and in what order to display them in a report. I was wondering if we created a view with "user friendly" column names, could we start the Report Wizard from inside Forms and only include that view as the source. Or is that what we would use the Host command for? We're just starting to use Oracle and no one in the office has a clue how to do this. Thanks!

Unfortunately you can not pass a datasource to Report Builder, so for end user it's of no value. Did you try Discoverer? It may suit your needs better.
Another way is to develop Forms-only decision: create .html file from your source block using text_io package and open it in browser or some tool like MS Excel. Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back