Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you check hotmail in Eudora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmCCNA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
I have tried importing a Hotmail account into Eudora from Outlook Express, as well as copying the server information and all other information pertaining to the profile that outlook express created into Eudora manually and can not get it to check my Hotmail account. If Eudora will not check Hotmail, why? Is it encrypted or use a different port or what? Any direction would be appreciated. Travis McGuire

I would also like to know about this, all I know is it doesn't work Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.

All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Caught,
Could you explain more about the popper. Such as what is is and how it works.

Thank,
Travis Travis McGuire
CCNA, Network+, A+

Howdy Travis,
Both programs work by adding a new personality to your Eudora list of personalities, and activating the popper program. They are separate pegrams from two different sources - 1 for hotmail and 1 for yahoo. So when you want to get your hotmail or yahoo email, you do not have to go to hotmail.com or yahoo.com. You just click right on the personality and click on "Check Mail". All your Yahoo and/or hotmail will be downloaded into your Eudora program, and you can set up filters as you see fit to determine which mailbox it goes to. If you need to see a screenshot of how it should be set up (for either program), send me an email at caughtintheact@ethailand.com. The key is to make sure that you use mail.yahoo.com as the SMTP address and 127.0.0.1 as the incoming mail IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back