Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can you change the incoming ring on IP Office 5.0 w pots lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOguy

Vendor
Oct 18, 2007
US
is it possible to change the incoming ringing on an IPO r5.0 with pots lines? I have a customer that hates the incoming ringing (ring ring) and the intercom (ring), they came from a nortel system and want the old system back due to this????

you have got to be kidding me, any suggestions?

Depends on the handsets, but they tend to be variations on a theme, or do you mean analogue handsets (POTS) :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

They are running digital 5400 series sets, what am looking for is not the ring tone of the phone, it is the way the phone rings on an incoming line

No go.
You can change the default 8 rings but that is it.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Youll have to do it with either ringing a diff HG or TAG the ICR - thats why the phones have screens ;-)

Hi IPOGUY,
as you can see in other posts, Avaya seems to have changed a well known standard.
External call - 2 rings
internal calls - 1 ring
(I would like to stress, that all the other Nortel, Panasonic, Samsung and many others have the contrary)
Noone as opened a bug (as it is on my opinion), so you have to whistle while your customer complains....
You cannot change anything in external call, you can change ringtone in internal ones (but all tones seem like 1 ring).

Have a nice day
p.s.
External calls remain external even after HG, AA, Announce, anything.
Isn't true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back