Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you change links from blue to another color

Status
Not open for further replies.

faceh

MIS
Jul 17, 2001
US
Can Someone please tell me how to stop Dreamweaver from always making an active/hyper link BLUE. I've tried this with pics and words anytime you make it a link it goes blue. I want to use my own colors but no matter what I try I cannot change it. Can someone help?

Thanks
Faisal
MCSE, CCNA

Page Preferences

you'll see them right there.

Another way is cascading style sheets "Insert witty remark here"

Stuart

I was trying to get arround CSS i tried the page preferences its still blue that is why I was kinda confused as to what I was doing wrong.

Why are you trying to stay away fro CSS's if Dreamweaver make's a snap to build and use. That would be your best bet.
[pc3]
[thumbsup2]

it's not bad, the css of dreamweaver. Although you still pretty much need to figure out how it works.

But once you do take the time to learn it will save you much time and effort. "Insert witty remark here"

Stuart

Faisal
If you want to change your hyperlinks color, go to modify - page properties - adjust you active hyperlink color.Our do as the guys said, use CCS.

JB

If you are trying to change one particular link on your page from blue to a particular colour, and it just won't happen, try this.

Select your link and change the text colour to Default Color (the white box with the red line through it). Then change your colour again to the colour of your choice. For some reason, every once in a while, Dreamweaver doesn't allow me to change the colour until I do this. Ryan
rmindorff@hotmail.com

Alright I got it. I ended up using CSS style sheets I didn't want to do that before becuase the website is for a legacy application and I was afraid that it would not work. But as the gods would have it tada it works. I figured out my previous problem I knew i could change the links color thru page properties but this time it just would not work until i changed the text to the defualt color and then to mine. So thanks for the help guys

Faisal
MCSE, CCNA

faceh, just a bit of advise if I may.
Anytime you're working with pages that you think could changes or not work by the changes your're trying to implement, simply copy it to something like testNameOfPage.asp and do whatever there.
[flowerface]

"The reward of one duty done is the power to fulfill another"
J R C L [jester] W N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back