Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can x-rays damage RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedai

Programmer
Mar 4, 2001
US
I'm going back home for the holidays and I bought some RAM as a present. Can x-rays at airports damage RAM?!!
I spent a couple of hundreds on the RAM, so I really need to know.

thank you.
Avendeval

Keep them in a shielded static bag (Silver bag like the ones Hard Drives come in) and you should be fine. i am no sure if the airport scanning system will harm them or not, But I doupt it would do any damage. You planning on taking them as carry on. You could wrap it up well and put it in your non carry on luggage. But I think you should be fine.

What holidays? James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

They _claim_ it won't hurt your laptop at all...so it should be fine. Mike Wills
RPG Programmer

"I am bad at math because God forgot to include math.h into my programming!"

Please let us (Tek-Tips members) know if the solutions I provide are helpful to you. Not only do my posts help you but they may help others.

thank you all! uve been great!!
:)

Avendeval

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back