Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Webaccess work with GW6 and GW5.5 concurrently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGliddon

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2001
My entire network including 13 remote sites are currently using GroupWise 5.5. We are planning on upgrading to GW6.0 this weekend. We plan to do the corp. office first and then rollout GW6 to the other sites over the next few months.

I have to make sure that everyone will still be able to access their email using webaccess during the rollout phase. I have done some research and read that WebAccess 5.5 SP3a (and I am assuming up to SP5) will allow access to 5.5 and 6.0 mailboxes.

Does anyone have this configuration up and running or know someone who does? I just want to know that it really works before I dive in. Thanks.

No, You cannot access GroupWise WebAccess with both 5.5 and 6 directly. There are differences in the MTA's and the MTA's must match WebAccess. You can setup a secondary domain and run WebAccess under this domain. I setup a secondary 5.5 domain and put only webaccess under it. I linked the MTA's via IP and it worked. You don't need anything running on this domain except a 5.5 MTA.

I would not allow a 5.5 WebAccess to directly hit a 6.0 MTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back