Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we wrap text around a circle or arc? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qotyebw

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
US
Can we wrap text around a circle or arc?

I am new to this Site, but I dig it. As far as your question goes it might be easier to use a program outside of Flash for the artwork of the animation. One I use is Freehand. It can do exactly what you want and then you can import the image into Flash. If you want to know how do that I would be glad to tell you how. As far as flash goes I dont think you can do that.

I don't have Flash installed on this computer, so I haven't had a chance to test this, but...

You may be able to accomplish this by writing the text then going to "Modify" and "Break Apart." This will allow you to manipulate the letters individually. If you already have an arc drawn in one layer, you can snap each of the letters in your text to that arc. From there, you could rotate the letters or leave them alone. Once you're done, just hide or delete the layer with the arc and that's it!

I prefer to stay away from images as much as possible.

Kevin

you can use Wildform SWfx only thing is its $19.95 the demo will work but when on exporting the flash it mixes the letters about. it well worth getting thou with 200 text FX to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back