Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we display caller id on a phone without ringing. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcdan1523

Technical User
Feb 14, 2003
US
I have an executive who has his number bridged over to his secretary's phone. When I have his call-appr's set up as no ring, the button just flashes. He would like to have the callers name and number show up without having his phone ring. I cannot find any way of doing this, even using delayed and abbreviated ringing. They both ring the phone whether it is at the start of the call or the end of the call.
We would like the bridged call appearances to continue to ring on the secretary's phone.
Any tricks I may be missing?
Thanks.

Create phone but instead of using call appr for the phone bridge his number to the phone. You can set the ringer to no and you achieve what you want.

BUTTON ASSIGNMENTS
1: brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:3789 5:
2: brdg-appr Btn:2 Ext:3789 6:
3: brdg-appr Btn:3 Ext:3789 7:
4: 8:

On my system, only the name shows on the display for a call incoming on a bridged appearance.

Thanks - good thought, but it provides the same result as using the no ring option on the call appr button. It is still just a flashing button. It must be set up for ring (either abbr or delayed using auto-a/d) in order for the caller id and number to appear. I am on release 1.3 of CM if that makes a difference.

should flash then show name and number. Mine has done from v 9 to cm 3.1

Hi,

Per button ring control must be set to Y on page 2 of the station form.

When this is set to y, you will get the following:
1: call-appr Auto-A/D? n Rg:r 5: call-fwd Ext:
2: call-appr Auto-A/D? n Rg:r 6: call-pkup
3: call-appr Auto-A/D? n Rg:r 7: directory
4: brdg-appr Btn:1 Ext:7075 Rg:r 8: next

You can then change the ring field as desired.

thanks Ash

I understand the per button ring control. I had those call-appr's set up as n (no ring). The button would just flash - No display of any kind(would not even flash the name). I changed the auto-a/d on the system parameters features form and set the value to one. Changed auto-a/d to y and chose abbreviated ring. It would give one ring on the phone and would continue to dispaly the name on the phone for the duration specified in the coverage path. The second option was auto-a/d to y with delayed ring. This caused the line button to flash(no display) with a silent first ring, but audible rings and display after that.
I currently have him set up as abbrevaited(one ring) with the volume all the way down(per mike's suggestion). Ok as a temporary, but it doesn't seem right. It should display the same whether it is set for ring or no ring?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back