Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we create Hyperlinks in Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkradar

Programmer
Jul 20, 2002
US

Hi

I had created a Report which contains Invoice no and other
product details. If the user clicks on Invoice no It should
open the particular Invoice in VB. Is there any way can we create any Hyper link sort of thing in Crystal Reports.
I am using Crystal Reports 7, VB 6, and SQL Server 7.0.
Thanks in advance

My DataLink Viewer software provides this functionality.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Crystal Reports V7 does not support hyperlinks in reports. They are only supported in versions 8 and above. Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Rod,

I don't believe that even later versions of Crystal can invoke an application AND pass to it an argument (the question specified the need to pass Invoice Number as a command line argument).

DataLink Viewer can do this by creating a string formula (following simple guidelines) and placing it in a Crystal report section.

When the user views the report in DataLink Viewer,
a double click on that section results in launcing the application and passing to it arguments (according to the formula string content).

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I understand that some 3rd party apps provide much greater functionality as related to parameters and passing data commands though. There are methods in V8.5 and V9 to accomplish something similar. It does involve quite a bit of code, though.

DataLink Viewer might be adequate, but if the default is the web or another Crystal viewer, the overcost cost of purchasing licenses for the DataLink Viewer might not be an option.

Without knowing more about the VB app used and their familiarity with interacting with the V7 API, we are just guessing. Rod Oatis
Venturi Technology Partners
Crystal Decisions Certified
Trainer/Consultant/Developer
Rod_Oatis@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back