Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can VM Pro call a list of employees on a snow day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsetcomp

MIS
Jan 17, 2005
US
Can the advanced features of VM Pro 3.2(36) be used to easily call 140 employees to say work is canceled due to bad weather? I want the president to be able to call in and trigger the phone system to call all the employees and say work is canceled.

I get a call from my sons school when school is canceled and I would like to do the same for my company.

Does anyone have suggestions on how this can be done? We have the IPO 412 with 3.2(61) and VM Pro 3.2(36).

I'm also open to using a new product just for this purpose but need help finding one.

Thx

P.S. Where is the VM Pro PDF with programming examples? It's not in the program folder or install cd.

individual mailbox's can call their owners with msgs ( see P option in source numbers)

if you create a broadcast group & leave a msg here it will be copied to each individual mailbox & should then call out.

with 140 users to call it may take some time to get through them all.

Will the number of VM ports not be an issue here though? So only the number of ports worth of users will get the message!

ACS - IP Office Implement

Set all users to have outcalling (4.0+) for new priority messages. Single hunt group containing all users and set for group broadcast.

Boss calls in, leaves the message and remembers to press # at the end to then mark the message as priority.

Hey presto. Yes depending on the number of ports available it may take a while to go through everyone but it will eventually.

Note: If the company has an email system it might be easier to setup somethign that does email to SMS to individual mobile cell phones.

There is a bug with outcalling and priority messages. It will not call out although I'm not sure if this is isolated to escalation list only or a single number.

Why don't you shoot them an email at home. get everyones email address, put it in a distributionlist on the emailserver, have one box take the message and fire it off.

Management didn't like the email idea because it requires effort to check before going to work. We were closed for 1/2 the day on Monday because of snow and about a dozen people showed up at the normal time. They are supposed to call on bad days and listen for a message from the president whether work is delayed or canceled.

It would be better if our system calls them early.

I'm looking into the PhoneTree suggestion above as an option.

Keep those suggestions coming, everything helps.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back