Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can view http://localhost, but cant view it from another network pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
I am running XP Pro SP2 workstations on a Win2k3 domain.

I have a few select machines that are running IIS for some internal testing. On the Localmachine I can view the webpage, but if I go to another network workstation and type in " I get a "Page cannot be displayed" page.

I checked DNS and I can ping the pc name and ip from the other network pc. I went to another network pc and cant acess the IIS page either... I setup IIS on another workstation and cant pull that page up from any other network pc.

can someone offer me any ideas?

Mark C.
Network Admin - Digital Draw Network

May be worth checking the permissions both on the web site and NTFS. With w2k3 it flips the permissions around compared to w2k so unless you set up to allow permissions you dont get access. May be worth checking the anon account (if your using it) has NTFS permissions on the folder that is being displayed via the web page.

Are you running IIS on the server or workstation? If on the workstation, try temporarily disabling the XP firewall.

I checked the permissions. Its all domain level security and everything checked out... Good idea though.

IIS is running on workstations...it was Windows Firewall... Any idea why that did what it did?

thanks all.

Mark C.
Network Admin - Digital Draw Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back