Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can u suggest a program to make a database diagram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultra2

Programmer
Jun 26, 2005
HU
I have an Access database. I need to make a diagram on which the tables and the relations are drawn.
can u suggest an easy to use tool for that?

Paper and pencil come to mind.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

What is wrong with the tool that lets you view the relationships inside Access?

You know, the one under the Tools menu...

Paper and pencil :)what is that in the age of technology?

ah the relationships viewer is really good, thx I didnt know that, but a problem with that: I can save only one arrangement, and because of the db has more than 100 tables...it would be great to see only the tables i work with..

... aee only XXX ... "

Seems like it should not be particularly dificult to draf them to a corner and move most else away from there. If the chosen corner were the upper left, thes would generally be "isolated" to the first page and could be easily seperated.

MichaelRed

Paper and pencil :)what is that in the age of technology?
It's the kind of technology that is completely portable, needs no batteries, and works even when the power is out.

It's also still the best way in the world to work a crossword puzzle.

Tracy Dryden

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

I can't find the free software that I've downloaded earlier (not using now). I will post it if I could find it.
Here is something interesting for relational db designers

Ultra

What you want to use is Microsoft Visio. This software is used for all kinds of diagrams and flowcharts etc. It also has a very useful reverse engineering option for connecting to a database. It will then add all your tables and you can create the relationships between your tables and only show the tables you want.

I have found it useful on the past.

Andy

You'll want to try rational rose.It's a very good program for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back