Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can u link a console application with a windows application in C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

iara

Programmer
Oct 2, 2002
HN
HI,'
does anyone know if i could link a console application with a windows applications?
thanks

When you say link, what do you mean exactly ?

You could for example have the console app create a waiting TcpListener instance and have the window form sending socket requests to the console that way.
There are loads of examples of this type of thing on the web

yes... but what do you want? Press a button in a windows app, and then it runs a console app?
I have written an app that runs net.exe from the console, to tie in two different arguments. (to see user details, and/or change password)
The code would work fine running from a Windows App. You are welcome to play with it...
htp://The UA2002.EXE program is the app, and the Class1.cs is the main code. The password.cs file is a small windows form launched to allow password specification without showing the password on screen (something I couldn't do at the console)

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back