Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can u busy channels on a PRI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rejackson

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2005
US
If I busy channel 1 or if I remove it from the trunk, all incoming calls get "cannot be completed as dialed" or "all circuits are busy".

I have a problem with a PRI board and thought I might be able to bypass the chipset that handles the first chunk of channels.

Do you have to use all of the channels in a PRI?

You can busy out the individual ports of the members. That way it will not bring down the whole group.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thats what I thought but as soon as I busy port 1 the whole PRI stops answering.

You can't busy the 24th channel if this is on a 464 pack. Thats the D signaling channel. 1-23 you should be OK.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Sorry, should have said its a mm710 in a g700.

Service type is public-netwrk

that might be why, the telco is most likey sending every thing to channel 1

So how does that work? What if the first channel was really in use. Would the telco know that because they sent the call? How would I need to be set up so they would allow me to busy channels?

Is the PRI protocol set to cyclical or asending? As mentioned, a busy channel shouldn't affect the entire span unless it's the 24th. The span should be synced with the telco so that both expect an Asending/desending or cyclical methodiology. A type mismatch could produce unanticipated behavior that dosn't manifest unless there is manual intervention changing the environment.

It isn't unusual to busy out individual channels that have static/noise where the LEC can't id the cause. This is a band aid but at least the users are happy. You should be able to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back