Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can TS License Server software be installed on one of my Citrix Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seidr

MIS
Mar 26, 2008
US
We have to install TS License Server onto one of our servers that is not an AD server because we have recently replaced 2000 AD DC Controllers with 2003 AD DC controllers. The MIS staff was not made aware that TS License Server was housed on one of those old DC and we are just now receiving problems with Citrix having no license to use. Can the TS License Server software be installed on one of our Cirtix servers. I am aware of the need to add Registry entries to the Citrix servers so they can find the new TS Servers but not sure if there are any issues with running TS Server on a Citrix Server.

Yes is the short answer, make sure you install the licenses as well. Its not like the old 2000 AD where it had to be a DC. In 2003 it just need to be a member server.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hello Guys,
I have a similar problem, we have a 2003 AD domain our only citrix server was not member of the domain, the TS licencing sever was the same windows 2000 citrix server, now when I go tothe TS licencing console complains that No Terminal services licencing server is not available in the current domain or workgroup. also this errors appear in the event viewer:
Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server \\my-dc-server could not be contacted. when I go to install or reactivate the server in the console, everithing is grey out.
What should i Do?

thanks.

Guys, I forgot to add that the TS licencing error happent after the server was joined to the domain.

thanks

Hi,

Could you set manually the license server name in TS servers?

I am not sure what is the best, but I think you should set up ts licensing on your AD server, then activate it.

did you done with it?

cheers
b

balage0 Thanks for your reply,
I gues I will have to activate a TS server on the AD server, I have already tried setting manuallty the TS server but everything is grey out.

thanks again.

Yo will have to call Microsoft to get the licence reissued. You will need access to the old licence numbers and number of TS Cals. You can do this on line but sometime easier when you have issues that are not straight forward.

Win2000 & Win2003 are different licences. If the Citrix Server is Win 2000 you need 2000 licence, etc.

Hope this helps
Regards ACO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back