Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can this be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadnort

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
I need help with the following,

I have a form and want to count how many entries have been added by it and have the total displayed on a new page.

you fill in the form and then it is submitted this stores the input to another page that can bee seen. so if the form is submitted 6 times the results page has 6 sets of details on it.

Now i want to be able to count up the the results and have the number displayed on another page
so form= 6 submissions the results page has 6 entries
and the totals page displays 6?

I hope i make sense

I think your going into the realms of server side scripting here. Javascript is unable to make any change to files locally (i.e. browsers computer) or server side (i.e. the server), which you would need to do to keep track of the submits.

Of course if you just want to keep track of how many times the particular user has submitted the form you could keep track of it in a cookie on the users computer. But this will not be entirely accurate as the user can delete the cookie if they wish.

I think what your objective is more server side scripting than client.

Hoped I helped

Humble Seeker
-----------------------------------------------------
The longest journey begins with the smallest step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back