Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can this be done in Powerpoint 2000?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pileyrei

MIS
Oct 3, 2003
GB
Hello clever people

I think this has been asked but I don't recall a full answer.

Lets say the following situation exists:

I have a laptop with Windows 2000 Professional and office 2000 installed on it. I also have a large projector and screen which I will be using for a presentation.

Question!

Is it possible to have the presentation and notes showing on the laptop screen (for me!) but only the presentation showing on the projector screen (so the audince don't see my notes).

Many people say they have done it but can't remember how!

So.....can I do this? How!????

Thanks

Pileyrei :sleuth:

Hi,

I personally have never heard of such a thing. As I understand it, a laptop's video-out port is just that - a direct output of what's on your screen. So, what you see on your laptop is what you see on the projector/monitor/etc. If you do find out how, please post the answer here!

Regards,
--Michael

I have never heard of it..the only thing remotely like you want to do....is make the presentation and print the notes..then delete from the presentation....you then have the notes but not on the laptop does that make sense.

I really don't understand why you need notes because you can see everything on the screen like everyone else,and if you have done your homework notes are not needed, that is my experience anyway.....sorry if this not what you wanted to here.....or am I on the wrong tram?

pileyrei,
I understand exactly why you want what you want. I teach a class from a PowerPoint file with over 100 slides. I need to make the same (very technical) references every time I teach the class. I use notes on the slides to provide those references (they would clutter the basic slide terribly).

My "solution" was to print the notes pages and talk from paper. Not always very effective in a dark room.

You don't have to delete the notes from the file, just hit the f5 key (or the tiny slide-show icon) and the notes go away and the animation runs.

I really don't think that you can do what you want short of a dual monitor.

David

Hello all

Thank you very much for all of your replies. Sorry I haven't checked back in a while! Tajsimmons is right, you need to use two monitors to achieve this result. I may just give it a go!

Thanks again!

Pileyrei

Hello my friend,

Not sure if you'll ever check for new entries again but i'd thought id leave this entry anyway.

You need to have dual monitors or using a laptop for this to succeed.

In PowerPoint 2003, under set up show there is a check box called "Show Presenter View". Check this and set your slide show display to the secondary monitor. Go into show mode, it will allow you on your screen to see your slides, to advance and go backwards, to view your notes and to black out the second screen leaving yours in full technicolour (WooHoo!)

Function may work with XP, but i dont have a machine to hand to check.

Hope this helps

Grant

Wow....a late response! :)

Great tip, I'm working with Office 2003 now so I may give it go.

Thanks Grant.

Pileyrei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back