Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the word Memo be altered

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangred

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
US
I have question about the memo field that maybe someone can help me with. In our application some clients are complaining that memo and Memo(when there is text in it)is too subtle of a difference. Is there any way to make Memo all caps or maybe red.

Also the memo field is in a grid. Is there way to check and see what the topic is? If i set it too a variable it returns whatever is in the memo file. What if I just wanted to check the way memo was spelled? I.E. memo or Memo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sangred

You can if it's in a grid:

ThisForm.Grid1.Header1.FontBold = .T.
ThisForm.Grid1.Header1.FontColor = RGB(255.0.0)
ThisForm.Grid1.Header1.FontSize = 12

Dave S.

Sangred,
No, when you use the default for a memo field in a grid, memo vs. Memo is all the options you have. (No colors or alternate spelling.)

On the other hand if you change the default column control from a textbox to an editbox, you can see the contents of the memo field. Note: You'll probably have to widen the column, and possibly make the row height taller. Alternately, you can change the columns controlsource from the memo field to just part of it [ e.g. Left(fname.memofield, 40) ], and add code to say the doulbe click to open the memo fiels in a separate area or form.

Rick

HI
In the Memo field column, change..
controlSOurce = IIF(EMPTY(myTable.myMemoField),"","MEMO")
Then in the same columns Text1.Click event.. add the code..
MODI MEMO myTable.myMemoField
This will open the memo field for viewing/editing when the column is clicked.

Hope this helps you :) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Thanks Dave, but I only want it to change if the memo has something in it. If i tell the header to be bold or red it will change the color of every header in that column. I only want it to change if it read Memo, not memo.

Sangred

Silly me. I was referring to the header. You can always change the background color:

ThisForm.GRID1.column3.dynamicbackcolor = ;
"IIF(!EMPTY(MemoField), RGB(255,0,0), RGB(0,255,0))"

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back