Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the Message Waiting Light be made to Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirrono

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
Is it possible to make the Message Waiting Light flash on 6400 and 2420 series phone sets? If so, how do I administer this?

SirRono

This whole, or should that be hole?, scenario grows from the user wanting the MWL to stand out so as to remind them to check vm. This makes me think the solid light is on so much that the effect of it has worn off. The user has grown de-sensitized by the practice of ignoring it. It's their own fualt. I would suggest a screen pop on the PC. Surley that would not be work .... No, eventually that would wear off as well
Better yet, put a stop to it now, take a stand, stop enabling this person, just say no. Looking very stern and in your best Jean-Luc Picard voice proclaim "This stops here and now!" If this does not work flail yer arms about like an angry chimp... but I digress ...

Try this: I do not have a technical solution to your management problem.

Richard

The unexamined life is not worth living; Socrates

I usually handle requests like this by stating that the addition of this feature would require a great deal of investment into the system, translating into a huge capitol expense. The expense would need to be addressed by the requesting department, who would need to cut their expenditures by 50% to ensure that the capitol expenditure does not effect our long term financial stability nor our near term liquidity.

By the time I am done with that, they usually just role their eyes and walk away.

-Brian-
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back