Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the CALLR-INFO information be set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgursahaney

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Is it possible to set the information displayed using the CALLR-INFO button from within a Vector? I understand that the CALLR-INFO button is supposed to display any digits entered by the caller while they are in a Vector. I am interested in specifying what that data is in the Vector rather than displaying the specific digits the caller entered. Does anyone know if the digits entered field from within a Vector can be changed from what the caller may enter?

I don't think that this can be done - may I ask why you need this? Perhaps there is another way.

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Sure. This request relates to another thread I posted several days ago which I didn't get a response. We have an automated outbound dialer that places outbound calls through the Avaya PBX and then transfers the calls where we connected to a person to an ACD queue to be handled by an agent. The solution does not use the MakePredictiveCall and Call Classifier capabilities of the Avaya PBX. Instead, it is an external dialer with T1 connections to the Avaya PBX that places outbound calls and does the call analysis determination on the system before transferring the call. The problem is that the agents would like to see the phone number of the person that was called and transferred on their phone display. My thought was that if the call was transferred to a VDN with an associated Vector, we could somehow attach the outbound dialed number to the call as CALLR-INFO so that the agent could get the information by pushing the CALLR-INFO. The addition of this information could be done via an external CTI application using an Adjunct Route step in the Vector.

maybe UUI would be the button you could use

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

I wasn't aware there was a UUI button.

Is there any way to change the Caller ID information that is displayed from within the Vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back