Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the Call Pilot 150 be Upgrade to Professional Call Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicanparts

Programmer
Jan 22, 2003
US
Page 9 of the Call Center Install Manual says:

"Basic Call Center and Professional Call Center are available. The table “A comparison of Basic
and Professional Call Center” on page 13 shows the differences between them. You can use Basic
Call Center on a CallPilot 150 system. You can use Basic or Professional Call Center on a
Business Communications Manager 2.5 system."

Which would imply no.

The Nortel PDF sales brochure on the Call Pilot product says that it is expandable from Basic Call Center as your business grows.

On page 157 of the installation manual, it also says:

"To enable a software authorization code for CallPilot 150
1 Start CallPilot Manager.
2 Click the Configuration heading.
3 Click the Installed Options link.
The Installed Options page appears.
4 In the Keycode boxes type the software authorization code for the option you want to install.
5 Click the Add button.
The option you installed appears in the Installed Options list.
6 If you enable the software authorization code for Call Center or Professional Call Center, you
must reboot your system by performing step 7.
If you enabled any other software authorization codes you do not have to reboot your system.
7 Reboot your system by removing and then reapplying power."

This would imply that you can upgrade to Professional Call Center.

Dang, I wish someone would actually put some thought into these manuals...

Thanks if you know the answer...

-Wayne

I know what you mean by that,I read the same information.I called Nortel about this issue and their respons was you can have proffesional ACD if you have Call pilot on the BCM 2.5 but if the call pilot on Norstar then you will have Basic ACD.I know does't make any sense ,but that was their response from the Nortel Rep.

I heard a rumour that verson 1.5 of the Call Pilot software allows you to run Professional, but I have not confirmed this...

What idiots. I just called a place listed on the Nortel site as an authorized distributor, and the guy didn't even know what a Flash Voicemail was?!?

-Wayne

Okay, I found out more info today. The next version of the software (version 2.0) should have the ACD Pro embedded on the card. The price for this is about $4700.

-Wayne

"What idiots. I just called a place listed on the Nortel site as an authorized distributor, and the guy didn't even know what a Flash Voicemail was?!?"

LMAO!
spoclogo2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back