Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can text be rotated on Reports??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everyone,
does anyone know how I can align text vertically (i.e. give it a 90 degree anticlockwise rotation) in a report?
Many thanks in advance.

hi,

if you have Access 2000 there's a property "vertical" in the properties screen tab 4

in Acc. 97 I don't think it's possible

the kid.

BaldStevie:

There is a clunky work around -- simply make the text or label field just wide enough for one character and tall enough for the number of characters. If you then center the contents it almost looks good.

Not a great solution but it works after a fashion.

(By the way, I am follically challeged myself.)

HTH
Larry De Laruelle
larry1de@yahoo.com

hi larry,

difference is that the orientation of the letters changes when you use the built-in property.

the kid

Right Kid. Unfortunately, that feature isn't in 97.

I should have noted that my workaround is best used with labels. I think you could drive users crazy (sometimes not a bad idea) by have them enter data in a vertical text box.

Larry De Laruelle
larry1de@yahoo.com

There is one other way to look at this. You can go to MSWord and look at WordArt. When you open Word, if you don't see the toolbar for it, go to the customize toolbar window and scroll all the way down. At the bottom should be WordArt. Select that. Click on the Large "A"(at least in my version) and then play with it(there isn't any other way to get used to it). There are some real possibilities with it. Then you would have to Save,Copy and Paste it to your report. It isn't hard, but it isn't the answer you probably want. It was featured as an article in Inside MS Access about 3 years ago as the only way to do this. If you need(or want more info) post back and I'll look up the specifics in the article(if I can find it, I think that was when I first started subscribing, but if I don't have it I'll hound "raskew" for it, he's probably got it).
Paul

Excel Workaround: Make your labels in Excel (rotate them any way you want)... then copy the labels and paste them into your Access report.

Thanks everyone.
I'll check these out. I'm a '97 user, so I'll just have to start cutting and pasting by the sounds of it.
Cheers,
S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back